- About Us
- In the News
- Criminal Division
- Programs & Services
- Child Support
- Victim Assistance
- Alternative Justice Program
- Citizens Criminal Justice Academy
- Just for Kids
- Contact Us
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- Where do I get a packet if I am a victim of check deception?
- Where do I send the packet when it is complete?
- Does it cost for me to file charges against the bad check writer?
- How much is the protest fee for check deception?
You may pick up a packet at local law enforcement agencies, municipal clerk's offices or here at the Prosecutor's Office. You also may be able to download the packet from the website.
Send the completed packet to:
Elkhart County Prosecutor's Office
Bad Check Diversion Program
301 S. Main St., Suite 100
Elkhart, IN 46516
No, it is free for victims to file charges.
The protest fee is $27.50 per bad check.